We provide limited-access tours of the 9-1-1 Center to school groups and school-age groups such as Boy Scouts, Girls Inc., etc. We also have staff on hand to provide information and answer questions about 9-1-1 functions and services. Depending on the number and age of children in a group, most tours are no longer than one hour in duration.
Contact our training department by phone 423-697-0910 or email Public Education Request for more information or to schedule a tour or visit. A public educator will be delighted to talk with you about your special event. When contacting us it is helpful for us to know:
- Name and Location of the event
- Event Date
- Event Coordinator's Name
- Event Coordinator's Contact Information (phone number or email address)
- Is your event indoors or outdoors (If outdoors, is there a rain date)?
- Expected number of people attending
- Any special needs or comments
Groups that typically request our program
- Schools (daycares, pre-schools, elementary schools, middle, high, colleges and universities)
- Civic or Social Organizations
- Neighborhood Associations or block parties
- Scout Troops
- Senior Citizen Centers
- PTA or PTO meetings or events
- In-Service meetings (business, healthcare, law enforcement, security and education)
If your group would like to visit the Hamilton County 9-1-1 Center please fill in our Tour Request Form:
Requests will be verified by phone prior to the requested tour/event date to confirm availability and scheduling.
Other PSAPS, client agencies and public safety professionals for individual tours or information about technology, equipment or operations, please contact our Administration office at 423-622-19-1-1.